Sunday, January 9, 2011

So cute I will forget it's 4am

Dear Calvin,
You are thrilled by your body! You love shoving your fingers in your mouth and squeal with delight watching your feet. I'm glad you are getting so much joy out of something I spent a lot of time making. You have started scooting around your crib at night. You move so much I won't be surprised if I find you across the room in Luke's crib.

Dear Luke,
Not even your best game-show-host smile will make me forget it's 4am. But it helps. A lot. Since Jeff has come into your life your projectile spit-up has stopped! Maybe your little body has matured. Maybe you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of Jeff.


This week in twin land the boys officially turned 3 months old! We can't believe how quickly Calvin and Luke are changing. They are smiling and laughing at everything which thrills Garrett cause he always has an attentive audience! Calvin is tolerating more tummy time on the Boppy and Luke is very involved in his new relationship with Jeff (who already needs a bath...) Calvin loves watching us. He will watch us fold laundry, try and eat a full meal, and spend some time with Jack the forgotten child. Luke watches Jeff.

This week there was also a small intervention in the Fuller house. I love to read and will read anything. When I was pregnant I read tons of pregnancy books. Which Garrett tolerated. When I was put on bed rest, I was tired of everything pregnancy related and read a few from the New York Times Bestsellers list. Garrett was pleased to not see a book with a pregnant woman on the cover in my hands. Now that the boys are here I'm slightly (completely) obsessed with books about twins. Every few weeks a beautiful brown box arrives at our door from Amazon.com containing lovely, glossy covered, cleverly named books about twins. I have collected an entire shelf full of book about raising twins. Garrett has had enough. To give Garrett some relief from my twin books obsession I have started making crafty little things for...wait for it...my twins! I've started making "cool" bibs for Luke "the drool king" Fuller. (Yes, I know the "cool" in cool bibs is quoted. Lets face it, bibs can only get so cool.) We will see how long my crafty-ness will last...


2 comments:

  1. It's in the genes... the craftiness never goes away. It starts with little projects for your babies (because that's what mommys do) and when that's no longer age appropriate, waddya know... they're coming home from school with crafty assignments needing your guidance. And when that's over and done, they bless you with little babies again and the whole thing starts all over again. I love it. And I still have "crafts" my mom made for me, and for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and you might want to commission Anne now to start a back-up Jeff :o)

    ReplyDelete