Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's getting busy in the Fuller House

I really enjoy sleeping. Luckily Garrett and I were blessed with two champion sleepers. These boys are letting us sleep from 11pm-7am! (I am fully aware that I just jinxed myself and will not be sleeping tonight) During the day is a different story. We just started trying to get the boys to nap in their cribs and not with one of us. So far, not so good. They will sleep for hours with us, and about 5 mins in their crib. So, during the day there is not a lot of time for me to write since I am spending a lot of time setting the record for stair sprinting. (seriously, I can get up our stairs in 8 seconds to grab the awake baby.) With the lack of time during the day my goal this year is to sit every evening after the boys go to bed (ok, the goal is every evening. Reality will probably be once a week...) and type out a "Dear Calvin/Luke" note of one thing that each boy has done that day (week). Hopefully by the end of the year Garrett and I will have every milestone documented!

Ok, here goes...

Yesterday you two were officially 3 months old...and wearing 6 month sized clothes. At this rate you will be my size walking into pre-school.

Dear Luke,
Today you discovered a thumb and it must have been delicious since you latched onto it for over 20 mins. Too bad it belonged to your brother... Your favorite toy is your giraffe friend that cousin Anne made you. You think the ears are almost as tasty as Calvin's thumb. Good thing giraffe friend is washable...

Dear Calvin,
I'm pretty sure you are in the early stages of teething because today you did your best Luke impression and alternated between content and screaming every hour. Today you spent a full half an hour resting on your boppy pillow...on your tummy! You watched TV (your favorite...) and finally loved tummy time.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute:) I have a almost 5 month old high needy girl who just started to take naps on her own recently. I did find that if I put her in her bouncy seat slept better and if I wormed a blanket in the dryer before I laid her down and wrapped her in it I would get hours out of her. Just a helpful thought that was gold when I found it out.

    ReplyDelete