Monday, January 24, 2011

I Promise To Be The Dad That...

Mom always hogs this blog and rightfully so. Shes very good at writing it. But I wanted a chance to write something so Maggie allowed me a guest spot. I entitled it, I Promise To Be The Dad That...

I promise to be the Dad that

hugs you no matter how much bigger you get than me.
breaks up the two of you fighting all the time.
always plays awesome music way too loud in the car.
always has your uncles around for you to make fun of.
throws you around in the pool as many times as you want.
teaches you to respect girls and treat them nicely.
lets you know its okay to be a Mamas Boy.
lets you follow your dreams.
lets you think you are cool when you are 14.
always embarrasses you on purpose.
wakes you up during a late night basketball game so you can see the last shot.
gets you out of school early unannounced to go to a Detroit Tigers game.
says, "Yeah we can do that, just don't tell your Mom."
will always be there for every single major event that happens in your life.
knows you as a person.
gets very angry when you both walk in the door at 6am from a party.
high fives you.
always has you draped in Michigan colors.
shows you how to be a leader and not a follower.
to tell you I love you.
always comes outside to play.
shows you how fun Disney World can actually be.
your friends always say, "I wish my Dad was like your Dad."
will always first and foremost be your Father, but also your best friend.

2 comments:

  1. You will surely be that Dad, although the boys may not realize/appreciate it at the time. They are very lucky. And BTW, can I go to Disney, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok on a snowy day you made me cry. Disneyland was pretty cool too. Remember the Indiana Jones Hat! You can do all of the cool stuff with them and remember to pay it forward if there is another little boy who you love like your own take him along he will alway be remembered with love!

    ReplyDelete