Friday, January 14, 2011

More elusive than Loch Ness

Dear Calvin,
I will buy you your first car if you let me get a glimpse into that mouth. You have all the signs of teething. Sometimes. You are cranky. Sometimes. You are a drool faucet. Sometimes. You chew on your entire fist. Sometimes. Your crankiness is instantly calmed with a frozen pacifier. (you can thank your Dad for that brilliant idea.) You are constantly touching your head. Maybe you like how your fuzzy hair feels. I would love to get a look at those gums without you putting your tongue EXACTLY where I need to look.

Dear Luke,
Ya know how good you feel in the morning? After your 11 hours of sleep at night (by the way, thanks for being a champion night sleeper) How happy and smiley you are? How Mom and Dad are hilarious and you love everything we do? Well, your entire day could be that much fun if you would nap for more then 20 minutes. I promise we will not have any fun without you. You won't miss anything if you nap for say, an hour. Jeff can even nap with you. Deal? (Oh, and if you could stop waking up your brother, who would easily sleep 3 hours, that would be great.)

What's more elusive than the Loch Ness monster? In the Fuller house it's dimples! We have had three separate dimple sighting by three different people. First was Garrett who during a late night feeding claimed he spotted the beginning of dimples on Calvin. To this I thought, yeah right! First of all we are in a dark room. Second, Calvin's cheeks are way too big to see dimples. However, I saw the second dimple sighting during some morning play time with the boys. The third dimple sighting was by my sister Mary. She was not aware of the previous two dimple sightings and while playing with the boys asked if Calvin had dimples. It seems like Calvin may have inherited Garrett's dimples. Back to stalking Luke's cheeks for dimples...




1 comment:

  1. I believe I had a few dimple sitings myself... They're such smiley boys :o) Hope the teething goes well. And pretty much give up on trying to see anything until the tooth is out and he's grinding it into his gums, looking a bit like a bulldog. Great look for pictures. I miss my snuggle-bugs.

    ReplyDelete