Thursday, January 6, 2011

I started this months ago...

I wrote the first part while I was pregnant...

I don't know who you are
I don't know what color your eyes are
I don't know if you will have any hair when you are born
I don't know if you will look alike or completely different
I don't know if you will be funny like your Dad or laugh with your shoulders like your Mom
I don't know what your voices will sound like
I do know that there are two of you
I don't know what your favorite toys will be
I do know that you both love orange juice
I do know that one of you gets the hiccups every time I eat
I do know that you each have 10 fingers and 10 toes
I do know that you are both growing perfectly
I do know that you are both boys and we couldn't be happier
I do know that you both have been the best surprise your Dad and I have ever gotten
I do know what we are very excited to meet you both

And now...

I now know how different your first cries sounded
I now know how different you look
I now know that you both have blue eyes, in different shades
I now know that you both have a little hair
I now know that you love when Dad makes silly noises
I now know what your smiles look like
I now know how much Dad and I love you both


1 comment:

  1. I love this, and I still know that I love you very, very much. (and I think Jeff & Steve are perfect names... you had Stanley, afterall)

    ReplyDelete