Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nothing boring about 33 weeks

Today Garrett and I went for our 33 week checkup. (I get really excited about going to the doctor since it's the only time I am allowed our of the house and each week brings me closer to our 34 week mark) Our ultrasound showed that everything looked great. Baby A is still breech and very low! His feet are right next to Baby B's head. The past few days I have had a lot of pain when I try to walk, change positions on the couch, lift my legs to get up the stairs...just about everything other then be completely still causes pain. Seeing how low the boys are positioned explains why I have been so uncomfortable. Other then seeing Baby A kicking his brother in the head (won't be the last time), everything looked great! My exam was another story. The doctor found that I am dilated 1cm. She could also feel a foot belonging to Baby A! (Weird? Yes. Kinda gross? Yes. Freaked me out? Completely.) Since this is a big change from last week, I got my weekly shot and was sent off to the hospital...again. Garrett and I are at the hospital so often, the nurses remember us and know us by name. I got hooked up to all kinds of monitors, got my movement buzzer, and waited two hours for the doctor to check me again to see if I had dilated any further and was actually in labor. Luckily the babies were very active so the movement buzzer got a lot of use giving my something to do while Garrett channel surfed. After being checked again by the doctor (I was still only at 1cm and my contractions were not close enough) we were sent home! Never a dull moment these days!

4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, Maggie, don't scare me this way!!!

    I almost hyperventilated reading this.

    Tell Howie 1 to put his foot back where it belongs -- and we don't mean Howie 2's little head -- and stop doing dangerous things. Sheesh. I'm too old for this.

    Now I need to calm down and bring my heartbeat back to normal. Maybe what I need is a cup of Lindtveit coffee.

    Take care of yourself! We all love you . . . at least until the boys arrive and then they will be just so much cuter, you know?

    Love, Aunt Cassy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is a good thing I'm so far away. I would be hovering way too much for anybody's good. However, I would like to be able to give you a hug just because. Consider yourself hugged! And tell the boys that I said to "knock it off!" as Muttie would say. Of course when you're a kid and wrestling, that really sends a mixed message... Love you lots, Grandmama

    ReplyDelete
  3. one more week!! hang in there!!!

    love, cousin favorite (aka Alida)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Cassy- Haha sorry for the panic, but it may not be the last!

    Mom- I told them to knock it off and they kicked eachother...didn't work. Jack says you should come visit again. He says I move around too much on the couch and you were a good source of warmth and stayed in one place so he could get a good rest.

    ReplyDelete