Sunday, August 15, 2010

When I was pregnant with you...

Every mother has a list of things they had to give up or change in order to carry and raise children. (No? Not everyone does this? Must just be me.) When giving my mother any kind of grief, she would remind us of her C-Section scar due to my birth or her crusty rocking chairs from my sister wiping her nose on them. So I decided to keep a list of "when I was pregnant with you..." complaints to remind them of when they are older:

Giving up coffee- Like any good Lutheran, coffee is one of my favorite things and was my first sign I was pregnant. One morning my coffee tasted like lighter fluid and I knew something was up. I'll probably always associate coffee with being pregnant.

Not being able to eat cheese for 12 weeks- cheese really weirded me out in the beginning of my pregnancy.

Stretch marks- for 30 weeks I was able to avoid the evil stretch marks by buttering my belly with pure coco butter after every shower. One morning I woke up and it looked like I had slept with a tiger. Due to my shark belly white skin, they are not a normal color...they are Prince purple.

Out growing maternity tops- Maternity tops are SUPPOSED to last throughout an entire pregnancy. Due to Garrett and my ovaries being overachievers and creating twins...at almost 31 weeks, mine are no longer covering my rapidly expanding belly.

Missing my own baby shower- I can't wait to say, "well I missed my own baby shower because you two tried to come out early"

I'm sure in the next couple of weeks my list will keep growing. I can't wait to meet them so I can start rubbing in all that it took to carry twins.

2 comments:

  1. We hated to go home. I definitely did not get enough organizing done to satisfy my 'mommy-fix' instincts. Aunt Doris can commiserate with you -- both her babies were about 9 lbs. Of course, she only had one set of arms/legs to deal with at a time!
    And BTW, that list of yours will keep growing. Have I shared my updated one with you yet? :o) Love you so much -- mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and don't give up on the cocoa butter. It's still helping, even if it's just for the itching.

    ReplyDelete