Friday, August 27, 2010

No one is stressed at the Fuller house!

Yesterday we went for our first of our weekly Non- Stress Test. I got hooked up to three monitors: one for each heartbeat and one to count contractions. Heading over to the hospital Garrett and I were a little nervous. The last time we had a non-stress test, I didn't see the outside world for three days. Yesterday was different, everyone was willing to cooperate! The nurse found both heartbeats easily which is very hard with twins. By the time you get a good reading on one, the other one has moved or changed position. I had a Jeopardy like buzzer to click anytime I felt any movement. Ideally, each movement corresponds with an increase in heart rate. The first few minutes on the monitor it looked like the boys were napping so I was given some orange juice to drink and wake them up. After the orange juice they went nuts! Garrett couldn't believe how much they move after I eat or drink. (I've been telling him all along that they are Whitney babies- completely food driven) Half and hour went by and Garrett was getting a little restless so I put him in charge of the buzzer. He was beyond thrilled to click the button and see the mark show up on the chart printed out by the monitor. When our hour was up the on-call doctor came in and told us the babies look perfect, my contractions were far enough apart, and she will see us in a week. One more week closer to our 34 week mark!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, food-driven babies, and now Tante Alice needs to know their weight! So glad everything was good, and that you had a fun, SHORT, visit to the hospital. Love you --

    ReplyDelete
  2. No new weight since they were measured on the 10th at 3.7 and 3.9 poundS. We will probably have another weight check at 34 weeks.

    ReplyDelete