Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I used to be a nice person. No really, I was.

We attract a lot of attention. A lot. My stroller is longer then my body. It's quite the sight. Most of the attention we attract is wonderful. I love the people who stop us to comment on how cute my boys are. I get a lot of questions about them. Twins are interesting, I get it. I think that the "are they identical?" or "both boys?" questions are completely acceptable. However, (there is always a however...) some questions are so ridiculous/inappropriate/personal that my verbal answer, which is always polite, is much different then the answer I am giving in my head.

"Did you know you were having twins." Yes, I knew I was having twins. It's not 1910, they have figured out ways to see babies before they are born.

"So you are probably done having kids, right?" Not that it's any of your business but we are on the fence. But the wood to build the fence that we are on hasn't been planted.

"Two boys huh? One of each would have been nice." It's like when people would ask what we were having and then ask if I was hoping for the opposite. No, I would not have preferred one of each.

"Were you trying for twins?" Where were you during 5th grade sex ed? As far as I know (which may not be much considering I got pregnant using two forms of birth control...) you can not plan having twins.

"Whoa twins! Better you then me!" With that comment, damn right better me then you!

Now, I have never actually given any of these responses. Except the last one. I was tired.

1 comment:

  1. People, in general, are stupid.
    That's all.
    from Your loving Mother....

    ReplyDelete