Thursday, December 16, 2010

I am going to reinstate Team Yoga Pants!

Disclaimer- I can not take credit for this idea. I was inspired by (cough:totally stolen from:cough) my fabulous friend and fellow mommy-blogger Nicole at Much Love, Nicole . She founded Team Yoga Pants after the birth of her fabulous son. Her streak of only wearing yoga-pants lasted well into her sons first year of life. I loved it so much that I am going to reinstate Team Yoga Pants. I think it is a fabulous way to still dress (somewhat) acceptable and be comfortable with my post twin pregnancy body.

Around my 6th month of pregnancy I outgrew the one pair of full panel, super stretchy waisted maternity jeans I caved in and bought. Yes, you read that correctly, I got too big for maternity pants. I started my pregnancy vowing never to own much less wear maternity jeans. That vow lasted until I was 13 weeks pregnant. (A mere 6 weeks after finding out I was pregnant) At the 6 month mark (when a single pregnant belly measures 20-something cm., and mine was well into the 30's.) I gave up pants all together and started wearing nothing but fabrics that were made with some percentage of Lycra. My wardrobe consisted of yoga-pants and leggings (topped with one of Garrett's tee-shirts. Even maternity shirts could no longer contain my belly of boys).

Since the boys were born I have not attempted to wear "real" pants. You know, the kind with a zip fly and without a forgiving stretchy waist. Even though I am only 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, things are a bit different. My midsection should be wrapped in caution tape. I have a fabulous "twin tummy" and a still slightly tender c-section scar. The thought of putting on jeans makes me sweat.

Unlike the original Team Yoga Pants, I will not limit myself to only yoga pants. I will also wear black leggings. But that's it. Yoga pants or leggings. So far my streak has been going strong since June. That's almost 6 months of never wearing "real" pants. I'm pretty sure Garrett is supportive in my decision. It saves him from listening to me struggle to zip jeans. Everyone wins!

(This post has little to do with Calvin and Luke. Except they were the direct cause of my "twin tummy")

2 comments:

  1. Hey -- back in the '80s we had Team Hanes Sweat Pants. Available in all manner of ridiculous colors. And for more dressy occasions, matching socks. Quite a look. They hadn't invented yoga pants yet...

    ReplyDelete